- Following a Needs Assessment by the Delaware Division of Libraries, a new library was recommended of between 25,000-40,000 square feet based on anticipated population growth.
- The Friends of Duck Creek Regional Library decided to pursue the minimum recommended square footage, feeling it would adequately meet the needs of the Smyrna, Clayton, Kenton, Leipsic and Townsend communities.
- The estimated campaign cost is $12,572,429. Of that amount approximately $5,258,141 has been committed and raised to date: $4.4 million from the State and $858,141 raised by the Friends.
- Anticipated Hours of Operation to best meet the needs of the community are: Four Days per Week from 10:00 - 8:00 and Two Days per Week from 10:00 - 6:00.
Benefis of a New Library in Smyrna
- Cornerstone for Downtown Revitalization
- Adaptations to New COVID19 Community Needs
- State of the Art Technology
- More Services for Adults and Families
- New Programming for Children and Seniors
- Community Meeting Rooms and Program Space
- Expanded Collections
- Located Near Schools
- Enhanced Parking
- New Business and Civic Partnerships
- Increased Foot Traffic for Businesses
- Town of Smyrna No Longer Financially Responsible for Operations